How to Switch to American Heritage
Join our Credit Union, join our family.
When you join American Heritage Credit Union, you're more than just another customer - you're a member. This means your financial needs are put first, not our bottom line. As a member you have full access to our checking and savings accounts, loans and mortgages, and many other services that can help you better manage your everyday financial life and achieve your greatest goals.
The Value of Credit Union Membership
At first glance, credit unions and banks appear to be similar. Both offer similar products and services, but a credit union is owned by you, our member, and is a not-for-profit organization. Instead of focusing on making a profit, we are able to offer lower rates on loans, higher rates on savings, and provide services for less cost.
Curious if you are eligible to join our Credit Union? Membership is available if you live, work, worship, or attend school in Philadelphia or one of the following:
- Bryn Athyn
- Fort Washington
- Warminster Heights
You also qualify for membership if:
- You are employed by one of our Workplace Partners
- You are an immediate family member of a current member or eligible member
- You are living in the same household with a current member or eligible member (this includes: spouse, children, parents, siblings, grandchildren, grandparents, stepparents, and stepchildren)
- You can join by becoming a member of the Kids-N-Hope Foundation.
Ready to Join?
Want to become a member of American Heritage Credit Union? It’s easy!
- Deposit $15 into a Share Savings account
- Maintain a minimum balance
Do these two simple steps and you become an American Heritage member and have access to all of our services. Best of all, “once a member, always a member” – even if you change jobs, relocate or retire, you still retain your membership as long as you keep your account active and in good standing.
To have a new member packet mailed to you:
Call: 888.JOIN.US 9
To sign up in person:
Visit any American Heritage Credit Union branch, and be sure to bring the following:
- 2 forms of ID (for example, your driver’s license, passport or state identification card)
- Cash, check or money order in the amount of $15 for your initial Share Savings account deposit