Contactless Credit Cards are Coming!
Over the next few months, American Heritage will be bringing contactless payment to all current and future credit cards
Contactless payment is a new way to pay with your debit and credit card that brings more security, safety, and convenience to card payments.
- Your card number will not change, however the expiration date and CVV code will be updated.
- Keep in mind that any recurring payments from the old card will need to be updated with the new details.
How to Use a Contactless Card
What is a “contactless” card?
identification (RFID) technology. This enables members to hover or tap a card over a card terminal to conduct a transaction.
What is the difference between a digital wallet, a contactless card, and a virtual card?
These names may seem interchangeable, however there are some slight differences in the products.
- A digital wallet is a software-based system that securely stores users' payment
information and passwords for payment methods on a digital device. Ex: Apple Pay,
Samsung Pay, PayPal, etc.
- A contactless card is a special plastic card embedded with near field technology.
- A virtual card is not a physical, plastic card. It is a set of sixteen digits, like a
debit/credit card number, with a CVV code that is randomly generated for each
transaction using special software. Virtual cards are also on our product roadmap.
How will a cardholder know it is a contactless device?
Will all members be getting new cards?
Yes, all members will begin receiving their new contactless debit or credit card(s) in the mail. Your card number(s) will remain the same, however your expiration date and CVV code on the back will change.
This mailing will occur in waves over the course of a few months.
How do I know if my American Heritage card has contactless payment capability?
If your card has the RFID icon on the back of it, you are set to begin making tap and go contactless payments!
When will these changes take place?
Cash Reward and Platinum Mastercard® reissuing begins August 2022 and concludes by October 2022.
Will the Scorecard reward points carryover to the new card?
What if I am not making an in-person transaction? Is there any change to how I use my card?
What if the merchant’s device does not have Contactless Service?
Mastercard Network Benefits
As a Mastercard cardholder, you have immediate access to the following premium benefit:
- $1 Million Travel Accident Insurance
- Mastercard Concierge Service which includes 15% savings on airport meet and greet services at more than 700 worldwide locations
- Extended Warranties
- Price Protection
- Mastercard Identity Theft Resolution Services
- Mastercard Lost and Stolen Card Reporting
- Emergency Card Replacement
- Emergency Cash Advance
- Mastercard Zero Liability Policy
- A Penny A Purchase: American Heritage will donate $.01 to The Kids-N-Hope Foundation for every purchase you make using your American Heritage Debit Card