The American Heritage Scholarship Program
American Heritage is proud to provide $1,000 Scholarships to 25 graduating high school seniors enrolling in an accredited undergraduate program or trade school. The recipients of this scholarship are selected based on the applicant's demonstrated academic achievement, extracurricular activities, teacher/guidance counselor evaluation, community service involvement, and writing skills. The deadline for submissions is March 18, 2019.
To start the Student Application, click here.
To access the Teacher/Guidance Counselor Letter of Recommendation, click here.
To access the Community Leader Letter of Recommendation, click here.
- Current high school senior in Berks, Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia Counties in Pennsylvania and Burlington, Camden and Mercer Counties in New Jersey.
- Anticipating completion of high school diploma in June 2019.
- Carrying a minimum 2.5 GPA at the time of application.
- Accepted to and enrolling full-time in an accredited U.S. undergraduate program or trade school for Fall 2019.
- Member of American Heritage Credit Union in good standing by March 16th, 2018.
- Employees and family members of AMHFCU and First Heritage, LLC and their Boards of Directors are not eligible.
- Completed scholarship application
- Submit high school transcripts
- Submit two letters of recommendations, one from a teacher/guidance counselor and one from a community leader. Letters from relatives will not be accepted.
- Submit a 350 to 500-word essay on the following topic:
- "Too many people live beyond their means. Explain what this means to you and how you would teach this to high school students."
The Application deadline is March 18, 2019.
If you have any questions, please contact our Financial Wellness Team at email@example.com.